Last updated on Sep 25, 2020
Formulas allow you to build metrics and understand the ratios of your events. Our mathematical interface provides a tool to compare events in your platform and understand how they affect each other over time.
To access the Formulas page:
- Click Formulas under the Tools section of the sidebar.
Creating a New Formula
To create a new formula:
- From the Formulas page, click the Create New Formula button in the top right.
- Enter a Name and Description for the formula.
- Click Create.
- Select an event from the drop-down menu.
To add another event, click Add Event and select an event from the drop-down. Repeat as desired for up to three events.
Note that other events can occur between each step, however, they must be performed in the specified order to be included in the formula. For example, for a formula with two events, a user may perform any action that isn't included in the specified steps and still be considered by the formula. Once they perform both events, they will be counted in the formula.
Once you have added at least two events to your formula, you can select the operations to calculate your formula.
To add operations:
- Click the + symbol between two events.
- Select the desired operation from the drop-down menu.
- Select whether the parentheses apply to the operation.