Viewing the Sessions Dashboard
Last updated on Sep 16, 2021
The Sessions dashboard provides you with the most important KPIs for a quick snapshot of your platform performance, which pages are being viewed the most and how many sessions you have in real-time.
To access the dashboard:
- Click Sessions in the Overview section of the sidebar.
Choose among the time period comparison options on the top bar to view session analytics in three ways:
- Today vs. Yesterday
- This week vs. Last Week
- This month vs. Last month
These options define how the data is represented in the line graph, as well as in the KPI blocks:
- Total Sessions: Total number of sessions in the specified period.
- Video Consumption Ratio: Calculated value of the average percentage of session time spent consuming video for all sessions- regardless of whether video is consumed or not
- Bounce Rate %: Calculated value of the percentage of sessions in which a user left within 10 seconds and before navigating to more than one page.
- Time to Video: Average time it takes for a session to start consuming video. Only includes sessions that have consumed video.
- Avg. Session Time: Average length of all sessions.
The KPI blocks also show the evolution of the metric compared to the previous interval of time (% change up or down).
A blinking red icon in a KPI block indicates that it is being updated in real-time.
There are three other widgets on the dashboard that help you track sessions at a higher level:
- Tops: Displays the top seven results for each dimension related to your chosen KPI. Additionally, you will be able to see the differences over the time range selected.
- Pages: Displays the most popular pages and a number of associated KPIs (total page views, average time spent on the page, and the total time spent on the page).
- Top Custom Events: Displays the most frequent events, their frequency during the current and previous time intervals, and the difference as a percentage.