Adding Media Assets
Last updated on Oct 11, 2022
To add one or more media assets:
- On the Media Library page, click the
Drag files from a folder on your computer to the Add Media section. You can also click or tap the Add Media button to open a file browser. To package your video together with a poster image as a single media object, click or tap to enable the Adding Media switch .
The file(s) you select appear as a media objectready for uploading. The contents of the media object are described under the Files tab .
Click on the caret symbol to hide/show the media object details. Click on the cancel icon to remove an object or any of its associated media.
- At this point, you can do any of the following:
- Use the Metadata tab to add a Title, Speaker, Event Date, Intro and Exit Padding, Time, Description, Campus and Tags.
- Use the Publishing tab Publishing Media). to add publishing destinations (for an overview of publishing media assets, see
- Add additional files to the current media object .
- Upload the current media object .
- Add additional new media objects
- Click the Upload Now button
to begin the upload of a media object to Connect. The progress of the upload is displayed:
- Once the media object has been uploaded, it is analyzed and optimized for streaming delivery. This process may take some time. For example, a 1 hour long file could take 30-45 minutes to process.
Once the optimization is complete, the new video is added to your Media Library and is available for streaming.